Sky Quality Meter
An affordable meter for measuring sky brightness for astronomers! The "Sky Quality Meter" measures the brightness of the night sky in magnitudes per square arcsecond. Unprecedented sensitivity in a handheld meter! Designed by Dr. Doug Welch and Anthony Tekatch
incl. 27% VAT148.57 €
Including 27% VAT:148.57 € (52 000 HUF)
Net price (for non-EU customers):116.98 € (40 945 HUF)
Budapest shop:Limited stock (1 piece). Please contact our colleagues before ordering: +36-1-202-5651
Delivery:Limited stock (1 piece). Please contact our colleagues before ordering: +36-1-202-5651Bp. shop:Limited stockDelivery:Limited stock
incl. 27% VAT159.14 €
Including 27% VAT:159.14 € (55 700 HUF)
Net price (for non-EU customers):125.31 € (43 858 HUF)
Budapest shop:For order only
Delivery:Please contact our colleagues before ordering: +36-1-202-5651Bp. shop:For order onlyDelivery:For order only
More about the product
- Find out how good the night or site REALLY is.
- Compare the sky brightness at different sites quantitatively.
- Document the evolution of light pollution in your area.
- Set planetarium dome illumination to mimic the skies people are likely to experience elsewhere in the city.
- Monitor sky brightness through the night, night-to-night, and year-to-year.
- Determine which nights show the greatest promise for finding the 'faintest fuzzies'!
- Calibrate the effect of sky brightness on qualitative measures such as the Bortle Scale.
- Investigate how sky brightness correlates with the solar cycle and month-to-month sunspot activity.
- Help provide local ground truth for future sky brightness prediction with the Clear Sky Clock.
- CCD users can make a correlation between the SQM reading and when the background reaches some ADC level.
- Audible signal while measurement is in progress.
- Sky brightness displayed in visual magnitudes per square arcsecond.
- Infrared blocking filter restricts measurement to visual bandpass.
- Temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit as well as model number and serial number can be displayed with different button press sequence.
- Precision readings at even the darkest sites.
- Power-saving features designed in for maximum battery life.
- Reverse battery protection.
- The Half Width Half Maximum (HWHM) of the angular sensitivity is ~42°. Comparison chart.
- Operates from 9V battery (included).
- Size 3.8 x 2.4 x 1 in.
- Maximum light sampling time: 80 seconds.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Please log in in order to be ablo to provide feedback!